This one idea has forever changed my photography…for the better!! It’s basically a commitment to take a picture every day for a year. It may sound like a lot to take on but once you get in the groove of things..it becomes second nature! Here are my tips on completing your project 365…
1. Have your camera out where it’s visible and easy to grab!
I keep mine on the kitchen bar area ready to go with the battery charged. When my kids do something I want to capture, it’s right there! I just grab it and click.
2. Have somewhere to share these photos!
You can start a blog, share on facebook, or keep in a folder on your computer. I like to share them on facebook especially on my business page because I want clients to get to know me, my style, my life. At the end of the year, I will use a photo book offer (usually what company is having a sale) to create a book with all the photos from that year’s project. Much easier than scrapbooking…and a great way to really contain the memories from that year.
3. Even if you get behind…it’s fairly easy to catch up!
I often get behind if we are on vacation, I’ve had a busy week, etc. Don’t let that stop you…just take a few pictures until you catch up! And you don’t have to start on January 1…you can start it at any time.
4. If you run out of ideas just google “whatever month it is” photography challenge and you’ll see one word ideas for each day on what to photograph. Here’s an example of one from iheartfaces.com.
5. HAVE FUN…there are NO rules!
Take pictures of whatever you want…sometimes taking pictures of the same subject a lot will force you to get creative! Sometimes taking pictures of ordinary things turn out to be extraordinary:)
Here are some great links to get you started…